Monday, November 02, 2009

Fall Photo Update

It's been a spectacular Fall here in Northern California, with lots of fun activities to boot. I'll try to hit some of the high points with pics I snapped along the way...they tend to tell the story better than my writing.

August took Garuna and I to New York to celebrate my brother Mike and Kristin's wedding. We also had some wonderful r&r at the lake:


We did some kayaking on a trip up to Mendocino County...very cool place to visit:


I participated in an amazing bike ride from my hometown of Fairfax, all the way up to Ukiah, CA...about 150 miles in two days.


Downieville is just about my favorite place to mountain bike, amazing singletrack, beautiful vistas:


After about 5 months working with some colleagues from grad school, and helping them get their startup off the ground, I decided to jump on an opportunity to get back into the solar industry as a designer. SunLink is right down the road, and I started about 2 weeks ago...very excited.

And last weekend Garuna and I did some hiking close to home, along the Marin Headlands:

I made one of the smarter decisions in my life by proposing to Garuna, she said yes, and Annie witnessed it!


...'till next time.

-Jeff

3 comments:

Ulyana said...

Congrats on the engagement!

And, those are some amazing views and adventures.

Hua said...

I've enjoyed looking at your pictures, I'm glad to see you have been keeping active.

Congratulations on the engagement.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com

Earthy Olive said...

congrats on your engagement! i was attracted to your bc of your pics. I love the nature. I must visit nc i have only been there once but i stayed on a military base so i did not quite get to see what you have. good luck