Sunday, February 08, 2009

BASE

Lately I've really been enjoying riding the mountain bike. I'm not sure if it's the good trails, lack of cars and exhaust, or the fact that my mountain bike skills took a beating while I was training for IMLP last year, but I can't seem to get enough of it.

With Wildflower about 4 months off I've been integrating some good climbs into the singletrack goodness. I'm determined to not fall victim to Nasty Grade again this year. Last year I limped into T2 like a wounded soldier and suffered pretty good on the run. This year I'm hoping to enjoy the race a bit more.

I'm also scouting out trails that head north towards where I work for a possible mountain bike commute. With that in mind I headed up Loma Alta for a nice climb. Anyone who needs a case for living in California, take note of the short sleeves:
After, I descended to Lucas Valley Rd. and climbed up past George Lucas's house to Big Rock Ridge:
At the top I had a little lunch (see below) and turned around for the 11 mile return trip.

I'll pause briefly for a food review. Uncle Eddies Vegan Cookies: AWESOME.

4 hours after leaving my house I was back home, sufficiently beat, but not before snapping a cool shot of the rising moon:

No comments: