Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Fun

It's be unseasonably nice in Northern California lately. We'll likely be looking at drought conditions this summer due to lack of rain. But it's hard to complain with all the nice weather...and it's been very conducive to fun outdoor activities. Garuna, Arlene, Dan and I did a little ski weekend up in Mammoth Lakes (just east of Yosemite):

Garuna's a complete natural on the slopes, so we had a great couple of days. I definetely wasn't as good as she is after 3 days on the slopes.

Back in the Bay Area I've been enjoying the 60-75' days, and mild nights, and getting out on the bike as much as possible. This is a pic from the top of Mt. Tam. If you look closely you can see Mt. Diablo in the background. It's about 60 miles away.

It does rain a bit around here, but not enough to stop me from enjoying a nice ride on Saturday afternoon. This pic taken from the top of Loma Alta. Lots of mud, lots of fun.

I'm looking forward to training for another 1/2 Ironman this spring, and possibly a marathon this summer. I'll check in here with some updates on the training!

No comments: