Sunday, November 23, 2008

Boulder

I was pretty stoked when my boss came up to me late last week and said "we need you in Boulder, CO for a meeting on Friday". Sales meetings aren't my cup of tea, but who am I to say no! Luckily my buddies Erik and Elyse just moved there, and my meeting was on Friday, so I conveniently extended the trip through the weekend. Boulder is the Berkeley of the Midwest and there are many reasons Boulder is awesome, but I'll limit my list to three.

1. The obvious. Epic outdoor activities. Erik and I grabbed the single speed and bomber downhill bike and headed to the trails:




2. Elevation. Boulder sits roughly the same elevation as Denver, about a mile high, but it's at the base of the Front Range of the Rockies. It wasn't 5 minutes of riding before I was sucking wind. It's also the reason people move across the world to live and train here. It's not uncommon to see pro cyclists, runners, or climbers driving their Subaru's through town.

2. Even in SF there aren't vegan fast food restaurants. Friday night we went to VG Burgers, and I had a chicken parm for the first time in longer than I can remember!!

Gotta love the Republic of Boulder.

No comments: